We Share the Same Moon
(Teaching Science through Story) with Primary School Children
A FEAST Learning Capsule by Cassandra Wye
Join Cassandra Wye, Scientist-Storyteller, in a FEAST LEARNING CAPSULE to discover how “Teaching Science Through Story” can bring any science topic alive - from People to Plants to Planets !
Thursday 23rd March 2023, 7.30pm Singapore Time
Check the timing in your time zone here:
Time converter for WE SHARE THE SAME MOON
We Share the Same Moon - “Teaching Science Through Story” with Primary School children
This interactive practical session will contain:
- A demonstration of what science storytelling is and how we can use it spark children’s curiosity and sense of wonder about our world
- How storytelling can build children’s knowledge and understanding of the language of science
- How we can use storytelling as a stimulus for learning any element of the science curriculum - and beyond
- How science storytelling can enable us to explore sustainability and to champion children’s capacity to care for our beautiful world.
- Storytellers - working in performance, community settings or education
- Science Educators - in formal and informal education
- Professionals and volunteers - working with children in primary school aged settings
About Cassandra Wye, Scientist-Storyteller, wesharethesamemoon.org
Cassandra has been championing the use of storytelling as a teaching tool around the globe since 1991.
As a Scientist - Storyteller, she is passionate about the use of Storytelling in Science Education - from toddlers to teenagers, from plants to planets, for use in early years, primary, secondary and special school education.
She has produced “Teaching Science through Story” resources for: NASA (USA); Royal Astronomical Society (UK and NHS (UK)
She has trained: Scientists, storytellers and educators, in the use of storytelling within science education across Africa, America, Asia as well as UK.
Previous clients include: British Council Africa; Singapore Science Centre and Penang Science Cluster.
We Share the Same Moon - is her FREE online resource for anyone wanting to use storytelling in science education.
With over 40 folktales linked to 20 science activities for audiences aged three to adult, We Share the Same Moon is a fabulous catalyst to spark curiosity and deepen a sense of wonder for our beautiful world.